Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Crock pot heaven.......



Lately I have been a fool for the crock pot. I mean, dinners and cakes and dips. Just about anything the family can put down I make. Didn't help that the oven was down over the weekend and into the next week. But it is good now and when I made the pot roast in the oven my husband asked me why I didn't make it in the crock pot with a serious look on his face. I just thought it would be good in the oven in the bag. WRONG, came out dry and would have been perfect in the crock. I learned my leason. All ate it but it COULD have been better in the pot.

And the weather is getting chilly here so the pot is the way to go. Will get the inlaws tomorrow and will be doing meals in the pot unless we go out. May grill once but the rest that can do will be in the crock. :) Really, do I need to slave over the hot stove all day? NO.

Soccer is going good. Zachary is still putting effort forth and Colton had a win the other Saturday. He is really getting to know the sport and making it work. Proud of them both. And school is moving right along and all is good there. Already have Colton's teacher wondering what it is that he wants to have me help out with. Heis not crafty at all and he is happy I am willing to help out. Yeah me!!!

I have also gotten quite the bird hang out in the yard. If you feed them they will come. I have a farm of birds and squirrels and chipmunks and more different kinds of woodpeckers that you see in one place. All shapes and sizes. Like a bird sanctuary. Really neat and the boys love them. Well, Colton likes the chipmunks.
Oh yes and the deer now and then that travel throughth back yard.

Got the sewing bug and got 6 fleece tops done and have a few more to get done for the chilly weather that will be here soon. Nice to have fleeces for when it gets bone chilling.

Well, on to bed and then the bedding for the guests and the last minute dust and clean. Must have it tiddy for the guests first visit. And of course the hair, must re-dye the hair for the occasion. :) Always in fashion. LOL

Till we meet again.

1 comment: